I like this idea of not taking the holiday off, but turning our service on. Surely there is something we can do today to show love, respect and brotherly kindness to our community. As Jared Gay from A Day On For Service puts it, "Do something good on a day made for good."
Join our community in turning this holiday into a day ON. The BYU Center for Service and Learning, Utah Valley University, and United Way have created a community-wide day of service to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Get all the details here.
In the mood to do more good?
(From the Mayor's blog)
The Food & Care Coalition in Provo could win a $250,000 Pepsi Refresh grant with your help. Between now and the end of the month, you can vote three ways every day:
1. Add Pepsi as a contact with 73774 as phone number.
2. Text 105571 to Pepsi everyday throughout January. (Regular texting charges may apply).
1. Go to facebook.com and search "Pepsi Refresh Voting App"
2. Click "Go to App", click "Allow", then "Like"
3. Click tab "Pepsi Refre...", click "Support ideas on Facebook"
4. Search "Friends of the Coalition", "Vote for this idea", "Confirm"
1. Visit refresheverything.com
2. In lower left, sign-in
3. In the upper right, search "Friends of the Coalition"
4. "Vote for this idea"
If we can help raise $1 million to fight homelessness in Salt Lake City, we can raise $250,000 for our own city. Thanks you Food & Care Coalition Executive Director Brent Crane for giving us this simple way to make a difference in our community.
I am C. Jane Kendrick and let's get to work! You can contact me personally at cjanemail @ gmail.com or leave comments on my facebook page and if you are on twitter you can find my tweets here. But no pressure.